Posted February 3, 2021
Where Tualatin, Oregon
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 15%-20%
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:00 to 5:00
Positions Supervised: None
The Quality Engineer position will have primary responsibility for Customer focus and assuring Fujimi’s overall Quality System aligns with Customer expectations and requirements. Is responsible for tracking quality issues, developing solutions, and adoption and implementation of appropriate quality systems and procedures. This position will drive quality improvement by monitoring data collected from the process operations and apply problem solving techniques, quality verification and continuous improvement programs (CIP) for Fujimi Corporation. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully interface with technical and non-technical personnel to lead teams to resolve quality issues or improvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Assist Quality Assurance Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality system, including corrective actions and change management follow up/resolution
· Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
· Oversight for Fujimi’s Process Control System (PCS) including
o Facilitating weekly reviews
o Tracking actions required (ARs) and process indicators
o Driving root cause determination for abnormal shifts, trends and outliers
o Develop reports as required
· Provide technical Customer support with the Sales Account Mgr regarding
o Internal alignment with Customer quality expectations
o Development and tracking of quality initiatives (CIP) projects to align with Customer expectations
o Complaint investigation, resolution and reporting
· Facilitating product transfers from R&D along with other Fujimi sites to ensure transfer of new products to manufacturing are in accordance with documented requirements and aligned with Customer expectations
· Provide statistical oversight as required and develop training to build quality awareness as required
· Responsible for CIP activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Minimum education requirement is a BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar discipline. MS preferred.
Experience: Must have 5-7 years of quality engineering work experience. Strong background with understanding/utilizing statistical methods and project management
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, JMP statistical software
Certificates & Licenses: CQE preferred.
Other Requirements: Required knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or QS 9000 standards, previous auditing experience desired. Ability to utilize Six Sigma tools to resolve product/process issues. Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical and non-technical documents including but not limited to contracts, product drawings, and product specifications.